Benefits of a Calgary Private Doctor Clinic
Why choose a private Calgary doctor?
- A Calgary private doctor has a smaller number of total patients, which means more time and focus on you as an individual patient.
- Dr. Bing Wu caps his Calgary medical clinic at 400 adult patients, about 20% of the typical family doctor’s practice size. That equates to about 5 times as much time to devote to your care compared to other family doctors.
Medical Care that Works with your Busy Life
Email and Text Access
Dr. Bing Wu works with your busy schedule. You can email or text Bing anytime during business hours and get a response the same day.
Prescription Renewals by Email
You don’t need to book an appointment to renew prescriptions in many cases. Simply send Dr. Wu an email with your request. *Exceptions apply for controlled medications, and a visit may be necessary to ensure medications are still appropriate for you.
Same Day, On-Time Appointments
Don’t sit in a waiting room for 45 minutes. Appointments with Dr. Bing Wu start on time, and aren’t rushed so we have enough time to address all your concerns.
Book Appointments Online
No need to talk to a receptionist. Book your own appointments online with the convenient AVA Connect portal.
On-Site Bloodwork (coming summer 2022)
Get your bloodwork done right in the clinic during your appointment and skip the extra trip to the lab.
Due to a province-wide shortage of bloodwork tubes, this service isn’t available right now, but we’re working hard to get it going as soon as possible!
A whole suite of extra services
- No extra charge for forms and doctor’s notes
- No extra charge for travel consultations, with vaccines available on site at cost
- Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy consultations
- On-site testing and treatment for STIs (sexually transmitted infections)
- PrEP prescriptions for HIV prevention
- Adult ADHD assessment and treatment
- Competitive pricing for cosmetic Botox and no injection fee
Dr. Bing Wu is constantly innovating to improve your health
Current initiatives include:
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
Helping your function your best by maintaining your energy, muscle mass and sexual drive.
Dr. Bing Wu is in the process of training in bioidentical hormone therapy replacement with implantable pellets, which can offer a more steady hormone profile and more convenient dosing compared with oral, topical or injection replacement.
Coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic, mental health is one of the most common health concerns of patients in Calgary.
Dr. Bing Wu has additional training in psychiatry compared to most family doctors, and stays up to date on the latest guidelines for treatment of ADHD, depression and anxiety, in both adults and children.
The cutting edge of medicine is increasingly personal. Treatments are increasingly tailored to your own personal history, personality and genetics.
Dr. Bing Wu is exploring genetic testing, telomere length testing and other initiatives to help assess your own personal risk for chronic disease and tailor treatments to you as an individual.
Anti-aging and Longevity
Most people want to stay healthy, active and sharp for as long as possible. That’s why Dr. Bing Wu prescribes his patients medications such as metformin and statins to prevent chronic disease and for their anti-aging and longevity benefits.
Ready to start your new health journey?
Book your new patient consultation with Dr. Bing Wu, a Calgary private family doctor.